Friday, April 21, 2006

An Update on the EdD Journey

Hi true believers,
I am halfway through Module 2 week and I can say that my proposed area of research ie into leadership metaphors is an inspired choice. It is truly fascinating how they reveal the inner perspectives that filter our understanding of the world and also how they reflect how that understanding is relevant to the situations we face.

Dr Wayne McGowan has been a personable and affable teacher and his facilitation of our learning over the past 3 nights was excellent. I felt that he clarified a lot of our unspoken concerns about the Literature Review. What could have been ultimately boring was turned into enlightening episodes of learning, filled with a lot of interaction.

I still haven't quite gotten over the '2 Fast, 2 Furious' pace that the EdD journey is going. Still, the mental exhilaration is right up there, but with Edna, family and work; I guess the sleep deprivation is likely to continue. Haha! Since we're on the topic of metaphors, I must add that the light at the end of the tunnel is certainly not going to be visible for some time yet too.

Noel
Resident Philosopher

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home